Wednesday, April 1, 2015

SPRINGIN IN THE CITY

Floral Patterned Kimono $24.95| H&M Loves Coachella Collection
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's Party!" -Robin Williams
The birds are chirping, the allergies are kicking, the sun's shining, and I feel so alive!! Spring symbolizes new beginnings, new blooms, new energy, new life.  I feel all those changes within and outside.  I have recently made lots of changes in my life.  I have a new creative job in the city, I have new developments going on with Offtharecord, I'm shifting gears suddenly and I can't wait to share all of the new ventures and projects with you all soon!!  

All of that change has me feeling so good, excited, and full of energy.  I love to express myself fully and boldly so I had to embrace my changes and also wear them.  By now you know that I change my hair about as often as my socks.  Spring is the perfect time to embrace brightness, so I dyed my hair turquoise, or blue green, or greenish, or lemon sherbet color, who knows.... I did it myself so there's no specific name for the color (I will be sure to make a #fastandfierce diy video soon).  I love this hair color, it makes me feel so bold, bright, and fierce!  I look in the mirror and it screams, "Be BOLD bitch, be BOLD!" Then I walk out and act accordingly.  



Another favorite thing to do is switch up my style.  No more black leather jackets and combat boots (winter uniform).  It's time to brighten up.  Changing season wardrobe doesn't mean splurging and spending tons of money.  I'm one thrifty mama, I just don't believe you have to spend tons of money on looking like a million dollars.  Money looks better in my bank account or invested in my son's future and mine.  That's just my personal thought.  Brands don't make you, it's the woman in the clothes. Always remember that my fellow kick ass girls.  However, if you got it, flaunt it!  One of the most affordable cool buys I picked up was the floral patterned kimono in the pictures from H&M's Love Coachella Collection.  This baby was only $24.95! Not bad for a statement piece.  I got a lot of compliments on it and I felt like a new spring bloom.  I wore a basic black tank and black pants along with my black gladiator sandals.  Another thrifty but cool buy are my white cat eye sunnies from a vintage, thrift shop in Midtown ATL called The Lucky Exchange priced at just $10.00!! 





Photos Captured by Adia Dightman

I'm excited about everything, I'm happy to see another spring, I'm ready to rock my bright hair, step boldly into my destiny, and look fierce each step with my thrifty gear!! Remember to keep blooming my friends and make this spring the best spring of your life!!

live create inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment