Sunday, March 8, 2015

I AM mexiCAN! HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMAN'S DAY!

"The women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits."
I am a woman, I am proud, I am MexiCAN!! 
Since the beginning of time I have at times felt that the odds were against me.  Being a Mexican immigrant woman in America has not always been  a cake walk, but it has been a bittersweet journey that keeps me on my toes, a journey that keeps me feeling fucking alive.  The language barrier from a young age was the first challenge I overcame that excited me and lit the spark within me to conquer more and more.  Breaking out of tradition was another,  and certainly I dance freely now outside the box of my cultural tradition.  I am becoming the woman of my dreams.  Each and everyday I choose to find my own strengths, I choose to fight for my dreams, I choose to be my authentic self despite of opinion, I choose to feed my mind, I choose to be strong enough to fight against the odds and continue in pursuit of the vision and dream that was set within me by my creator.  I could be the girl I have been advised from a young age who should focus on looking "pretty" and looking for a rich husband to take care of me, but instead I choose to be the bad muthafucka' I know I am who will create change, break down barriers and live the life I dream of while inspiring others along the way!! I celebrate International Woman's day by being who I am, a MexiCAN woman in pursuit of greatness!

"Las mujeres que rompen barreras son las que ignoran los limites."

Soy mujer, con orgullo, soy Mexicana!
Desde el principio hay veces que en mi vida me eh sentido que enfrento como mujer latina doble obstáculos.  Ser una mujer inmigrante en America no siempre ah sido un camino dulce, pero es una jornada agridulce, una jornada que me hace sentir intensamente viva!  Para empezar el primer obstáculo mayor que enfrente fue el obstáculo de lenguaje que enfrente como nina al llegar a America.  Sentir que conquiste ese obstáculo  fue el fuego que encendió algo dentro de mi que me decía, "Hay mucho mas para conquistar, tu puedes!" Escapar de la limitación de tradición fue otro, ahora siento que bailo libremente fuera de la caja de las expectativas de pensamientos tradicionales.  Poco a poco me voy transformando en la mujer de mis sueños.  Cada día yo escojo buscar dentro de mi mi propia fuerza, escojo pelear por mis sueños, escojo ser auténticamente yo misma le guste a quien le guste, me vale!  Escojo edificar mi mente, escojo pelear contra las limitaciones que el mundo trata de poner frente de mi, escojo seguir en el camino de mi vision y sueños puestos dentro de mi por mi creador.  Podria haber escogido ser la mujer que desde joven me aconsejaban ser, "arreglate bonita  para que encuentres marido rico para que te cuide."  Pero prefiero ser la mujer feroz que yo se que soy, creando cambios, rompiendo barreras y viviendo la vida de mis sueños mientras inspirando a otros a mi alrededor! Celebro hoy El Dia Internacional De La Mujer siendo quien soy, soy una mujer MEXICANA en busca de mi éxito!!

live create inspire











Photos shot by: Stormy Alexander
Rocking my new cool bob haircut by my friends at Studio Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment