Friday, July 18, 2014

A BOOK FOR KICK-ASS GIRLS!!! #GIRLBOSS


"It is she who listens to the rest of the world who fails, and it is she who has enough confidence to define success and failure for herself who succeeds." -Sophia Amoruso #Girlboss

Sophia Amoruso is a 29 year old CEO of a $240 million business with a fifty-thousand-square foot office in LA, a distribution and fulfillment center in Kentucky, with three hundred and fifty employees.  The girl also curses like a sailor and wrote a book titled "#GIRLBOSS" which is nicely packaged in a pale pink cover with an image of her in a sexy, classy deep V neck black dress with her hands on her hips. For all of the reasons mentioned above #GIRLBOSS  has been my summer read.  Why the hell wouldn't I want to know what this gal has to say?

If you don't know by now, I'm a rebel.  I am hard headed and I don't know how to learn any other way than by experience.  I am the CEO of my own company, and for the last couple of years I have fucked up plenty of times in the process of building, however,  I have learned and grown a whole lot from my failures as well as my victories.  This is why I found Sophia Amoruso's book refreshing.   #GIRLBOSS is not a "how to become successful" manual or a "how to get rich quick" book, so if that's what you're expecting don't buy it! However, if you are a tough, hard headed gal who is passionate and determined to build your own company, your own business, and ready to get your hands dirty in the process than this will truly inspire you!!!

Amoruso shares her unorthodox journey to success, from a hitchhiking, thieving, dumpster diving, directionless teen who even in her early twenties was broke and working mediocre day jobs to get by to becoming a #GIRLBOSS of one of the fastest growing online retailers, Nasty Gal!

Reading #GIRLBOSS inspired me to keep believing in my vision and my gut regardless of the naysayers.  It inspired me to keep on traveling down the road less traveled, and to keep on digging my nails in the dirt while building my company.  It taught me that there is no one way to success and that if you just stay true to you and work your ass off, the right opportunities will come about.   In summary live by Sophia Amoruso's advice:

"A #GIRLBOSS takes her life seriously without taking herself too seriously.  She takes chances and takes responsibility  on her own terms.  She knows when to throw punches and when to roll with them.  When to button up and when to let her freak flag fly."

If you're a kick ass girl hurry up and get your copy and keep on trucking!!!!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment