Thursday, June 5, 2014

IN MY CRATEBOX: WILL HILL- IDLE




I opened my email inbox and Boom!! I was pleasantly surprised to open up the homie Will Hill's new project, 'Idle'. The shit is raw,  the vibe is smooth and it's currently playing in rotation for the week!
Take a listen and vibe!!

Following the release of his 2013 project Ramadan, ATL rapper Will Hill has returned with a new project, a new view on life and a incredible 10-track album to bind it all together. Fine-combed and executively produced by Will himself, as well as Micah Wyatt, IDLE sports the theme of growth and is adorned with strong deliveries, effortless flows and introspective narratives. Whether speaking on relationships ("Meter"), progression ("Flight to LA") or street tales ("Sincerely"), IDLE layers everyday life over laid-back production that takes on a timeless West Coast G-funk vibe. Much like his club banger "Andele", Will Hill's IDLE shows that Will Hill not just here, but he's about to rise to the top, and quickly.

"This project explains a new chapter in my life, when I became engulfed in another person and was more concerned with her affairs than I was my own. At this point in time I started to let go and music wasn't as important, I was IDLE. I was stagnant. This project is my thoughts and journey throughout that experience. I've been IDLE, but I will be an IDOL..." - Will Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment